Post-Fire Reconstruction and Insurance Claims
Though you may be super careful while cooking, stringing up holiday lights, or blowing out candles, unfortunate events can happen without expecting they will. Below are the most important statistics reported by the ESFi, Electrical Safety Foundation International.
- The National Fire Protection Association indicates that 30% of all home fires and 38% of home fire deaths occur during the holiday months of December, January, and February.
- Around 5,800 individuals are treated annually for injuries sustained from falls involving holiday decorations. Such as extension cords. These injuries include but are not limited to, fractures, lacerations, contusions, and sprains.
- An average of 260 home fires are started each year by Christmas trees. Another 150 home fires per year were caused by decorative lights.
- Candles started 45% of home decoration fires.
- 13% of injuries caused by decorations involved children less than five years old due to electrical burns to the mouth.
Typically, most homeowner policies cover post-fire reconstruction, but double checking with your insurance policy and contacting your insurance provider is always best after a Memorial Day BBQ fail, or a holiday light catastrophe. Contacting your local construction attorney can help put you back on track to restoration.
To schedule a complimentary consultation, please click here.
Get an Experienced Construction Litigation and Arbitration Firm Fighting for You!
The Law Offices of John Caravella, P.C. offers a free initial consultation with a Long Island construction attorney to discuss your legal concerns with no obligation. To schedule an appointment, call our office today or fill out the form below.
Email Us Today:
"*" indicates required fields